Lady Rebels look to rebound from first loss

The Ole Miss women’s basketball team returns to action tonight as they take on Mississippi Valley State at 7 p.m. from Tad Smith Coliseum.

The Lady Rebel basketball team (2-1) will look to rebound from their first loss of the season against Mississippi Valley State (1-2) tonight.

Ole Miss holds an 11-2 advantage over the Delta Devilettes in the all-time series with the Lady Rebels winning 10 of the last 11 meetings, including an 8-0 record against MVSU in Oxford.

The Lady Rebels are averaging just over 77 points per game, with three players averaging in double figures. Junior guard Diara Moore leads the team in scoring (16.0 ppg), followed by redshirt freshman guard Gracie Frizzell (13.3 ppg) and junior forward Kenyotta Jenkins (10.3 ppg).

However, on the defensive end, the Lady Rebels are giving up over 73 points per game and have given up 85 points twice this season.

“I thought we gave up way too many uncontested shots and those led to way too many easy baskets,” head coach Brett Frank said after the recent loss to Lamar.

The Lady Rebels and Lady Delta Devilettes tip off at 7 p.m from Tad Smith Coliseum. Ole Miss hosts Lipscomb on Thursday and travels to Louisiana Tech Saturday.

For continuing coverage of Ole Miss women’s basketball, follow @thedm_sports and @JLgrindin on Twitter.